One of the tastiest ways to eat vegetables is as part of a stir fry. Stir frying is quick, easy and with the use of a few key flavours, the vegetables are crisp and delicious! Plus, they always look so beautifully colourful!
This stir fry recipe is very easy and you can use so many different types of vegetables, whatever you find in the bottom of your crisper.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tbsp sesame or peanut oil
- 720g chicken breast cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 spanish onion, quartered, separate out all the layers
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 2cm x 2cm piece of fresh ginger cut into matchstick size strips or 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 small red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum cut into long strips
- 1 carrot cut into long strips
- 200g of sugar snap peas
- 1 bunch of baby bok choy
- 2 tbsp salt reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or chinese rice wine
- 1 lime cut into wedges to serve
- 4 tsp sesame seeds to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large wok, add the chicken and toss until just golden. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli and toss for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and carrot and continue to toss for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar snap peas and keep tossing. Add the chicken back into the wok and continue to toss.
- Combine the soy sauce and chinese rice wine and add to the wok, continuing to toss.
- Add the bok choy and toss until it’s just wilted. Remove the wok from the heat and immediately serve into 4 bowls.
- Sprinkle each bowl with sesame seeds and serve with a wedge of lime. Enjoy!
- Stir fries need to be quick so you don’t over cook the vegetables. Cut and prepare all the ingredients before you start cooking. It also makes you feel like a TV chef if you have all your ingredients ready before you start!
- You can also add baby corn, pack choy, eggplant, zucchini or any other vegetable you like!
Nutrition Information (Per serve)
- Energy: 1780kJ (420 cal)
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Protein: 42g
- Fat: 20g (4g saturated)
- Fibre: 3g
Lose Weight for Life
If you are following my weight loss plan, Lose Weight for Life, each serve of this recipe is equivalent to:
- 1x protein serve
- 2x fat serve
- 3x vegetable serves
Add 1 cup cooked rice (1x carbohydrate) to complete the meal.
This recipe is proudly brought to you by Vegies to Your Door.