When it comes to warming up on a cold winters night, theres nothing quite like a hearty pumpkin soup. Full of body and flavour this soup is very filling and satisfying, boasting 8g of fibre per serve. The addition of the cannellini beans is what boosts the fibre content also giving it a beautiful creamy texture and flavour. It’s divine.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1kg pumpkin, skin removed and chopped into chunks
- 400g potato, skin left on and cut into chunks
- 1-2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves removed from the sprigs
- 2 tsp chicken or vegetable stock powder
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained.
- 4 tbsp pure cream or greek yoghurt
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté them until the onion is soft.
- Add the pumpkin and potato and toss with the onion for 1-2 minutes. Add enough water to just cover the vegetables and stir in the stock powder and fresh rosemary. Cover and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Add the cannelloni beans and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Using a blender or stick blender, process the soup until smooth and lump free.
- Add a dollop of pure cream or yoghurt, sprinkle with cracked pepper and serve. Enjoy!
- Soups are fantastic to make in bulk and freeze for later on when you’re busy or tired.
- Why not make a batch at the beginning of the week, separate it into containers and your lunches for the week are done!
- If you have carrots, parsnip, squash, sweet potato or zucchini in the bottom of your crisper that need using up then cut them up and chuck them in, the more vegetables the better.
- Energy: 1150kJ (275 Cal)
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 10g (5g saturated)
- Fibre: 8g
- Sodium: 256mg
Lose Weight for Life
If you are following my weight loss plan, Lose Weight for Life, each serve of this recipe is equivalent to:
- 1x carbohydrate serve
- 1x fat serve
- 2x vegetable serves
Add 150g yoghurt for dessert (1x protein) to complete the meal.
This recipe is proudly brought to you by Vegies to Your Door.