Turkey mince rissoles are so easy to make and extremely versatile. You can use them as the meat patty in hamburgers, make them into balls and serve with pasta and tomato passata or just throw them on the BBQ and serve with a fresh garden salad or grilled vegetables.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 handful of fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pop the turkey mince, garlic, onion, basil, parsley and egg into a food processor. Season with salt and pepper and process on high until the mixture is well combined.
- Roll the mixture into balls (to use as meat balls) or form into patties (for hamburgers or rissoles). You can freeze them for later use at this point.
- Heat the olive oil in a frypan or on a grill plate. Cook the rissoles for about 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve and Enjoy!
- You can add so many different flavours to these rissoles depending on the type of dish you are making. If you’re keen on hiding lots of veg in them, grate in some carrot and zucchini or add baby spinach and broccoli into the food processor.
- Other flavour combinations to try are: a small red chilli, coriander and lime rind, or mint, chives and garlic and add a dollop of natural yoghurt after you’ve cooked them.
Nutrition Information (per serve)
- Energy: 1100kJ (261 Cal)
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Protein: 27g
- Fat: 16g (4g saturated)
- Fibre: 1g
- Sodium: 128mg
Lose Weight for Life
If you are following my weight loss plan, Lose Weight for Life, each serve of this recipe is equivalent to:
- 1x protein serve
- 1x fat serve
This recipe is proudly brought to you by Vegies to Your Door.