I love sharing it with my clients as it’s a great example on how to give healthy food plenty of flavour without adding excess kilojoules.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 600g chicken thigh or breast
- olive oil spray
- the juice and zest of 2 lemons (leave 1 tbsp aside for dressing)
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, stems removed and leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of wholegrain mustard
- 4 cups of green leafy salad mix (rocket, baby spinach etc)
- 2 red capsicums cut into 4 cheeks, core removed
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- To make the marinade: combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, rosemary and wholegrain mustard. Coat the chicken with the marinade and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the capsicum cheeks onto an oven tray and lightly stay with olive oil. Cook under a hot grill until the skins to bubble and black. Remove from the oven and quickly place into a container. Seal the container and set it aside to cool. The capsicum will sweat in the container and after about 10 minutes or so you will be able to peal the skins off. Once the skin has been removed thinly slice.
- Heat a chargrill or BBQ and cook the chicken, about 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- To make the dressing: combine the lemon juice, yoghurt and wholegrain mustard and set aside.
- Distribute the green leafy salad amongst 4 plates, top with roasted capsicum and chicken. Drizzle with the yoghurt dressing and serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information (per serve)
- Energy: 1110kJ (265 Cal)
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 12g (4g saturated)
- Fibre: 2g
- Sodium: 200mg
Lose Weight for Life
If you are following my weight loss plan, Lose Weight for Life, each serve of this recipe is equivalent to:
- 1x protein serve
- 1x fat serve
This recipe is proudly brought to you by Vegies to Your Door.