You’re going to love this winter recipe. So hearty and full of flavour, this tasty slow-cooker meal will have you warmed up in no time. Not only is this recipe the ultimate winter comfort food, it’s packed full of fibre (11g per serve!), low in fat and very filling. Don’t forget to keep yourself some leftovers for lunch the next day, it tastes even better!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 350g chicken breast (1 large breast), chopped into 2 cm sized pieces
- 2x 400g tins of diced tomatoes, no added salt
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 cup of salt reduced chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- Heat oil in a large fry pan and cook the chorizo for about 1-2 minutes. Add the onion and fennel and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add chicken to the fry pan and cook until slightly golden. Transfer to the slow cooker. Add tomatoes, rosemary, chicken stock and bay leaves and cook on high for 1 hour (or 3 hours on low).
- Add the cannellini beans to the slow cooker and stir through. Cook on high for a further hour.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve. Enjoy!
- This meal is great served with wholewheat couscous or quinoa.
Nutrition Information (per serve)
- Energy: 1410kJ (335 Cal)
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 11g (3g saturated)
- Fibre: 11g
- Sodium: 320mg
Lose Weight for Life
If you are following my weight loss plan, Lose Weight for Life, each serve of this recipe is equivalent to:
- 1x protein serve
- 1x fat serve
- 2x vegetable serve
This recipe is proudly brought to you by Vegies to Your Door.